Do you have a business that needs an app created? With the increase of mobile users, now is the perfect time to turn your business idea into an app. Apps give your business visibility that extends beyond a website. Your customers don’t need to search the Internet anymore to find you. Before you start developing your app though, you’ll want to decide whether you want a native app or a web app. Below describes the two different kind of apps and why you may choose one over the other.
What is a Native App?
A native application (native app) is an application program that has been developed for use on a particular platform and is downloaded from app stores and marketplaces.
What is a Web App?
A web application (web app) is an application that is accessed over a network such as the Internet.
Advantages of Native Apps
- Native apps work with the device’s built-in features such as the camera and geo-location. Because of this, native apps perform faster.
- Native apps are found in app stores and marketplaces, making it easier for users to find and download your app.
- Native apps have to get approval from the app store/marketplaces, therefore making your app more secure.
Disadvantages of Native Apps
- The development cost of creating a native app is likely to be higher. This cost can increase based on the number of platforms (iPhone, Android, ect.) you want your app to run on.
- Since users have to download native apps, users may be using different versions of your app, making it harder for developers to maintain support.
Advantages of Web Apps
- Web apps are easier to sustain, as they have universal code that works across pretty much any device.
- Web apps do not require approval from app stores or marketplaces, making launch time quicker.
Disadvantages of Web Apps
- Web apps have restricted ability to access the mobile device’s features.
- Because web apps aren’t listed within app stores and marketplaces; users may find it harder to discover your app.
Ontarget Interactive has years of experience developing apps for various types of businesses. Whether you need a native app or web app, contact us today to help.