SMS text messaging can be utilized in several ways to provide targeted messaging to interested prospects. We’ve used SMS text messaging as (1) a relationship marketing program, (2) a way of providing instant offers to customers around a specific store, and (3) a way to get people engaged with the brand through a contest or sweepstakes.
Text message marketing is an incredibly powerful way to market to your customers instantly. Although this is the most direct way to reach them, it needs to be used moderately to maximize your success and be leveraged properly. This strategy drives local sales especially well.
Keep the following text marketing guidelines in mind when starting a campaign, and you’ll be golden.
- Be clear when communicating and setting expectations for your subscribers.
- Ask for permission!
- Include any disclaimers that may apply.
- Do not send texts all the time–pay attention to frequency.
- Be courteous and only text during business hours.
- Use language that makes sense to your average joe user.
- Provide your subscribers with a way out.
- Above all provide VALUE.
If you’re searching the web for tips on how to more efficiently run your own text messaging marketing campaign, give these suggestions a go! However, if you’re looking for experts that can come up with creative ways to engage your prospects and keep your customers coming back for more, let us know so we can schedule a time to talk.
- Text Coupons
- Text Reminders
- Auto Responses