Social media is all about using the Internet to engage your customers, rather than market to them. Today’s online consumers are pretty savvy. Your customers know when they’re being marketed to, and they don’t like it! Using social media allows you to develop relationships with prospective customers without being so pushy. At least that’s what you should do.
Social media sites allow online users to communicate, engage and recommend things to one another. They will share just about any topic imaginable as long as it’s interesting. It’s all about creating engaging content that’s useful or interesting enough to send to your friends. If you wouldn’t want to send your information to your friends your customers won’t either.
A unique social media strategy can:
- Find prospects instead of waiting for them to come to you
- Communicate with and engage customers and prospects alike
- Discover when people are mentioning your brand, products or services online
- Provide superior customer service for your consumers
- Deal with potentially negative situations before they can turn into a PR nightmare
- Drive relevant traffic to your website
- Become known as experts or authorities within your industries
Those are just a few of the ways you can use social media to not only generate new business but also increase current customer satisfaction.